Frequently Asked Questions
Also known as online backup, cloud backup has become an important technology. Cloud Backup is a service that you can use to store data on remote servers. Cloud storage works by letting you access that data over the internet, allowing you to backup and retrieve your files from anywhere in the world where you have an internet connection. You will have to setup this service initially, but after this it will continuously backup your data based on your settings without you having to do anything!
This is a legitimate concern, Yes, it is safe the files stored on cloud servers are encrypted. This means that they are scrambled, which makes it far harder for cybercriminals to access. Our infrastructure is replicated and mirrored so that all data is stored in safe location.
STORVAULT protects servers, computers and NAS devices and is designed to backup many of the most common file types used in a small or mid-sized business. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- Documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe)
- Media (photos, video, audio, graphics)
- Financial and accounting files (QuickBooks, Quicken, Sage)
- Point-of-sale (POS)
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Databases and applications (including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, MySQL Server, Oracle Server, VMware, Hyper‑V)
We provide a robust managed backup and disaster recovery service, assisting you everything every step of the way. One or more administrators can be assigned to each STORVAULT account. Administrators can view and manage backups for the entire business using STORVAULT’s intuitive dashboard. The dashboard allows administrators to create, deploy and manage backup policies for individuals, groups and departments. They can also control account details such as subscription information, security questions, passwords, and billing.
Should a disaster happen, and your computer breaks or you lose your data, fear not, it is stored safely in the cloud. The most common of these are web restore and software restore. Users can retrieve backed up computer files away from their computers. Anytime Anywhere Access allows the user to log into their StorVault account to view and download backed up files from any internet-connected device. STORVAULT technicians are always available to assist you
STORVAULT offers a variety of options for recovering lost data. A restore can be carried out from:
- All computer files – restore all backed up files to a new or repaired computer
- Individual computer files or folders – restore files and/or folders individually to a computer
- Previous computer file versions – in case of accidental overwrite, bring back an older version of a file
- Entire server(s) – with Image Backup and bare metal restore, the entire system can be recovered in one pass, including operating systems, applications and settings
- Databases and Applications – recover a specific database, like Exchange or SQL, without having to do a full server restore
- Granular mailbox restore for Exchange–the entire server does not have to be restored if all that is needed is one user\’s mailbox
In addition, users can retrieve backed up computer files away from their computers. Anytime Anywhere Access allows the user to log into their STORVAULT account to view and download backed up files from any internet-connected device.